Oral sex isn’t nearly as scary or as difficult as people make it out to be. Some people see it as a chore when that shouldn’t be the case. Whether you’re just starting out or whether you think there are some things you need to re-learn, we’ve got it all and more in this article. We’ll tell you a bit about the penis, how you should go about doing the act, tips and tricks to help you spice it up and common problems and how to fix them. If you have some questions about blowjobs, we probably have the answer for you- so, take your notepad out because it’s time for oral sex 101.
About the Penis
Before we get to the good stuff, we need a quick anatomy lesson about the different parts of the penis and why they’re important. To understand how to give a good blowjob, you’ll need to know what those parts are and what they do. Trust us when we say this is incredibly helpful information.
- Glans- Also called the head of the penis or the (mushroom) tip, this is the area of the penis that’s most sensitive and requires the most attention during a blowjob.
- Foreskin- The foreskin is the piece of skin that protects and covers the head of the penis. It is usually removed in a procedure soon after birth known as circumcision.
- Frenulum- This is the area where the foreskin meets the underside of the penis. It’s one of the most sensitive areas of the penis.
- Shaft- The shaft is elongated part of the penis and the area most of us try to take fully into our mouths during a blowjob.
- Scrotum- Also known as the balls, this is the sac that holds a man’s sex cells. Lots of men like having them fondled, sucked on and even pulled while getting head.
- Anus- Now the anus isn’t part of the penis, but it is very close. Some men actually don’t mind a bit of anal play during a blow job because it’s where the male G-spot is located.
Giving a blowjob can be approached in many ways. But we recommend that you get comfortable, then proceed with the following steps:
- Start by teasing him
- Stimulate his erogenous zones
- Use your hands
- Kiss it
- Lick it
- Suck it
- Use your tongue
- Mix it up
- Do what feels good
Tips and Tricks
The great thing about life and fellatio is that you can do whatever you like, or whatever your man likes. There are so many ways to spice this act up that you could be here for hours reading about it. But we’re only going to tell you our favorites:
- Make eye contact
- Don’t forget about his balls
- Talk to him- it’s a good way to find out if he needs more or less from you
- Flick his frenulum
- Switch up between a fast and slow pace
- Keep it very wet
- Lick it- like an ice cream cone
- Hum- the vibrations add a different but pleasant sensation
- Grapefruit him- see the movie Girls Trip for more information
- Show him that you’re having fun
- Use the sounds he makes as cues
Problems and How to Fix Them
While some of us are naturally great at giving head, the majority of us need lots of practice. And even with practice, there are a few problems you can run into. Here are top five and how to fix them:
- He’s Too Big!
Big penises! Most of us love them, except when it comes to giving head. This issue is one that many women face. I mean, just how are you supposed to take a monster like that into your mouth? It’s an easy fix. Don’t try to take all of him. Use a hand or two to act as an extension of your mouth instead.
- I’m Afraid That I’ll Choke
Deep throating and gagging (the good way) is something that many of us aspire to do, but the idea of having a long rod at the back of one’s throat is quite scary. You can practice with a dildo, taking in a little more as you get better. If that doesn’t work, try letting the head of his penis hit the roof of your mouth instead. It’ll feel good for him and you won’t get that choking feeling.
- My Jaw Hurts
Giving head can be a bit of a workout for your jaw. All you have to do is replace your mouth with other body parts to give it a break- you can use your hands, boobs and even thighs. And who says you have to keep it in your mouth the whole time anyway?
- It Tastes Weird
To each his own is what we have to say about this issue. There are some penises you’ll love the taste of and others, not so much. But what can easily fix this is using flavored lubes; there’s vanilla bean, pomegranate and even salted caramel flavors.
- IDK What to Do When He’s About to Come
This is a question that most women (and some men) who give blowjobs have struggled with. What are we supposed to do when he’s almost done?
The debate between spitting and swallowing is something we won’t get into, but the best response is to go with what you feel most comfortable with. If you want to spit, do it (but be nice), if you want to swallow, swallow, and if you just don’t want any bodily fluids in your mouth, let him aim at some other part of your body.
Now that you know much more about the art of giving a blowjob, you can open your mouth with confidence and take him to the edge with the things you just learned.